We are very proud of our school. Today, we provide an ‘outstanding’ education (Ofsted 2010) to approximately two hundred and twenty children with a dedicated and talented team of teaching, support and administrative staff.
Our children come to us each day from Marylebone and beyond, to the west and to the north of London.
Their families are from even further afield. In our diverse community there are many different languages and cultures represented from all around the globe, from Brazil to France, China to Poland and from Italy to the United States.
St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School has been educating children on the present site since opening in January 1938 just prior to the outbreak of the Second World War. In those days and until July 2005, the school was a much different place to now as it was guided under the trusteeship of the Daughters of Charity. It was they who originally opened the school in Beaumont Street W1 in 1868 as a day nursery for the benefit of poor milk women, and it is from the Daughters of Charity that our school takes its name.
St. Vincent de Paul was their founder and they, like him, dedicated their lives to serving the poor.